Sunday, December 24, 2006

Coffee Detox

Today the goddess speaks about herself:
Christmas Eve, when you are having your family over for dinner, is not the day to 'take a break' from coffee. I had that, "Don't talk to me; don't even look at me until I've had my coffee", demeanor all day long and into the night. . . Three cups of ginseng tea helped slightly but, not enough to keep my whole family from hiding out in the other room-- the other room being any room I was not in at the time. Added bonus; with all of that ginseng in me I was also feeling a need for a little sexual servicing-- if ya know what I mean. . . wink, wink, nod, nod. And, I was definitely NOT getting the nod, nod from my sex partner. He was in the middle of cooking all day. That may have had something to do with it. Even a grouchy goddess can usually snap her fingers and have her man in bed (or any available surface really) in seconds flat. Thank God he was cooking because I could barely function. OK, I cleaned the house, finished wrapping gifts, made two kinds of amazing tasting potatoes, and even managed to put my face on. In the past, however, I would also have done the cooking, set the table and greeted everyone with a happy Christmas smile and hug.
People usually love to be around me on the holidays. If I am perfectly honest I can't blame my general bah hum bug attitude on caffeine withdrawal. Something has me off my game. It's been a long time coming and, here it is baby. Watch out! Mid-life crisis here I come.
Honey, turn the coffee pot on-- I'm going to need it to get me through!
Peace and coffee be yours from, The Goddess of Everything

No comments: