Monday, December 25, 2006

All I Want For Christmas . . .

Today the goddess speaks about herself:

My Christmas wish list isn't so long as it is time consuming. Each thing on the list is too big to wrap and, not as easy to shop for as say a moderately expensive pair of earrings. (I love jewelry, of course because goddesses do, and I am very easily distracted by sparkling objects). My poor B. would much prefer I change everything on my list to jewelry because my list stops him dead in his tracks. All he wants is for me to be happy. He can see that what I want would benefit us both, and yet, I know he would give anything if he could find one thing on my list at a store, wrap it up in pretty paper and sneak it into my stocking.
The List:
1. Remodel the upstairs bathroom, or at the very least, retile the shower stall so that we can actually take a shower in it.
2. Take out the crumbling tile floor in the kitchen, and replace it with anything that resists water and is not crumbling.
3. Put in a dog fence so that we can leave the house for more than a few hours at a time.
4. Take out the frog pond(swimming pool), and replace with a pretty patio for entertaining.
5. Keep his side of the bedroom clean.
6. Finish the upstairs railing so that we don't have to put ugly bookcases in front of the stairs to keep people from falling to their deaths in our home.
7. Go with me on a European vacation instead of going to Burning Man. It's ok to miss Burning Man one year. Just one! I don't begrudge him Burning Man; I just want to use his vacation time to go to Europe together once. I'll go by myself other times. I acknowledge him as A Burner.
8. Stop collecting so much junk-- Oops, I mean interesting objects with great resale potential, and start giving/throwing it away--Oops, I mean selling it.

Guess what I got for Christmas this year?
Number three on the list. (Cue choir of angels).
Hallelujah!
There is hope for the rest of my list. I will even give up number eight for any one of the other things on my list. I'm flexible. Besides, I also got a rainshower of kisses from my beloved. (I guess goddesses also love and are easily distracted by a shower of kisses).

May peace and gifts that cannot be wrapped be yours from, The Goddess of Everything

No comments: