Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Stuff

Today the goddess speaks about herself:

I think I had way too much body work done yesterday. I didn't sleep well, and my insides are turning. Too many toxins stirred up, and not enough drinking of the water. I remember to drink tons of water after a regular massage, but whatever Ruti does is NOT regular massage. She massaged my thyroid and aorta. That's definitely NOT regular. I'm sore, and tired and a tad disoriented. Too bad that I was supposed to spend the day cleaning house. I don't have much choice with company coming.  I don't want to lose Charise in a mountain of dog hair, disguised as a couch. 

I guess I'm good to vacuum now. The doc cleared me for everything. I was a bit surprised to learn that I am now allowed to use all of the machines at Curves. My chest is still sore. However, I hit them all yesterday without any repercussions. Unless the working out, on top of the body work, is contributing to my being up in the wee hours in discomfort. Nah. What I'd really like to do is go to yoga this morning. I would have to get one of the boys to take the dogs to the groomer. I COULD do that . I COULD ask them to clean the house too, but I'm not that delusional. 

My eldest son has been cranky with me lately. I haven't put in the time with him since He moved back home. It's got to be hard to live with your parents after five years. He was so happy to spend nearly every weekend with us last winter when he and his girlfriend went their separate ways. Home and Mommy were comforting then, I guess. Now he is looking ahead at months and months of sharing space with his annoying parents. We are kind of annoying sometimes. But, the boy does seem to have a short fuse lately. I'm thinking he is aware of his less than calm demeanor toward the world around him, but doesn't know how to temper his response to it. Look world, I've graduated from that higher learning place, now what? I had a baby to look after; there was no, now what? for me.  I TRIED there. The constant references to grandchildren, and sabotaging of the condoms didn't get me anywhere though. He is just going to have to face the gaping unknown. I am sure his strong character will prevail.

Unfortunately, what is prevailing around here is my facial hair. Lately, I eschew cover up and foundation (I know, Sondra, gasp!). That five o'clock shadow WILL not go away. Yuck it up, but when it happens to you, don't come  crying to me. For one thing, I don't have an answer. I'm still reeling from the laser holes burnt into my chin by a psycho hair removal technician. She caught me off guard with her perky, cute blonde routine. Then, she got me on that table, gave me the worst pain in my life AND burnt holes in my skin. I won't be going back. What to do, what to do? People used to constantly compliment me on my beautiful skin. Now, they are all like, "What's that smudge . . . Ohhhhhhh  . . . ".

I think I will take the little dog on an epic walk before she has to go to the groomer. The walk will distract me from my sore insides and my hairy outside. It will also impress my son.

May peace and nothing much to complain about be yours from: The Goddess of Everything.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I too eschew foundation and all that stuff so no sighs from this end! LOL On the hairy removal thing....honey, I been gettin' that stuff waxed off my lip and chin since I was 19! LOL It's not pleasant, but after a while you don't need to go as often to get it done...(of course, then you hit menopause, or peri-menopause which is a nice way of saying you're screwed up BOTH sides, and the hair starts growing again EVERYWHERE!) ROFLMAO
Love you!