Monday, November 26, 2007

Wine, Oh Wine, Oh Whino

Today the goddess speaks about herself:
Wine, wine, wine.
Why do I drink so much wine?Why can't I stop with just one glass? Why does my brain not have an off switch? It used to have an off switch. At least, I have a vague memory of being able to stop drinking before my nose turned red.
Of course, like any little disturbance in my life, drinking too much wine triggers a nocturnal awakening. The kind where I would really rather be sleeping, but I can't -- no matter how much I lay there tossing and turning. And, why may I ask, doesn't tossing and turning wear one out enough to fall back to sleep? At least I'm burning calories in bed. It would be great if they weren't the same empty ones I had so recently consumed.
Wine is just so good. I love it so much. I love the shape of the glass, holding the stem, bringing it to my lips. I love that first touch on the tongue, when I can feel it silky smoothness just before I taste it.
Ahhh. . . that is a relaxing thought. Perhaps I will go back to bed, and imagine myself bobbing, in a wine glass, in a sea of wine.
May the memory of sobriety be yours from, The Goddess of Everything.

No comments: